ENTER TO WIN OUR SECOND ANNUAL FLIP YOUR CLASSROOM CONTEST WHERE ONE WINNER WILL HELP DESIGN THE CLASSROOM OF THEIR DREAMS AND RECEIVE NEW CLASSROOM FURNITURE FOR UP TO 30 STUDENTS VALUED AT OVER $50,000!
ONE SECOND PLACE WINNER WILL RECEIVE FURNITURE ITEMS VALUED AT $3,000 AND ONE THIRD PLACE WINNER WILL RECEIVE FURNITURE ITEMS VALUED AT $1,000.
****** THIS EVENT HAS PASSED. PLEASE READ ABOUT OUR 2019 WINNER AND CHECK BACK ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES ******
Please join us again as we share how classroom spaces can lead to more flexible learning opportunities, greater student engagement and innovation where students and teachers can do their best work!
Our 2018 Flip Your Classroom winner was from Lake Marion Elementary in Lakeville, MN (watch the 2018 winner reveal video below and read about the reveal here!), where we created a fun and flexible space for their music room that served their entire student population! This year, we are looking for a classroom that serves an individual grade between the 6-12 level. Are your students in need of a more engaging and flexible space? We’d love to see your submission!
This year, our Flip Your Classroom contest is open to public, private, charter and magnet schools (with enrollment over 125 students total) serving students in grades 6-12 within the Greater Twin Cities Metro Area.
How to Enter
Submit entry form with:
A video showing your current classroom, sharing your thoughts on what your dream classroom would be and how it might help you improve the teaching and learning experience for your students! Video must be less than 3 minutes long and horizontal orientation.
15-20 photos of your space along with a written description on what your dream classroom would be and how it might help you improve the teaching and learning experience for your students!
Download the FLIP Your Classroom Entry Form.
Submit your preferred media file types to firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 3rd: Contest begins
- October 4th: Final entries due!
- October 11th: Winner is notified
- October: Co-design your space with Atmosphere
- Early November: Orders placed
- Installation during Winter break
Questions regarding this contest may be directed to email@example.com or (612) 343-7336.
Contest Terms & Conditions
- Atmosphere’s Flip Your Classroom contest is open to public, private, charter and magnet schools serving students in grades 6 – 12 (with enrollment over 125 students total) in the Greater Twin Cities Metro Area.
- Teachers submitting to this contest must have approval of building administration before submitting an entry.
- Atmosphere Commercial Interiors reserves the right to tour the winning classroom, 1-2 times a month for 1 year. Tours will be scheduled at least 1 week ahead, and time will be agreed upon by both parties.
- Each classroom may submit only one entry.
- A panel of judges from the Twin Cities design and educational community will be solely responsible for selecting the winning and consolation prize entries. No members of the Atmosphere team will vote in the selection process. Decisions made by the selection committee will be final.
- The winning school will be given the opportunity to meet with the Atmosphere Commercial Interiors team to select final products and colors in October 2019. If the teacher is unable to meet, the Atmosphere Commercial Interiors team will make selections based upon our best knowledge of the classroom and school in which the furniture will reside.
- Winners of the grand prize and consolation prizes consent to having his/her name, image, school name and location used in Atmosphere Commercial Interiors promotional materials in accordance with current Minnesota data protection legislation.
- Rights to all the contest entry materials, award and reveal videos and photos will become the property of Atmosphere Commercial Interiors. If students are shown in your submittal materials, please ensure that there is school/parental approval to share their image.
- Disposition or storage of existing furniture at the awarded school will be the responsibility of the school. Atmosphere’s disposition/storage services can be provided for a fee.
- Names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers or other personal information of contest entrants will not be shared with organizations outside Atmosphere Commercial Interiors.
- Schools that have previously won the Flip Your Classroom contest are not eligible to submit and/or win again.