Do you have a passion for making meaningful connections and growing your network within the Minneapolis market? Are you a driven, motivated person who has a love for staying ahead of industry trends, products, and applications? Do you like strategizing with a team to help win business and ensure client satisfaction? If so, the Workplace Consultant, Strategic Alliances A & D role may be the perfect fit!
Atmosphere is a dynamic, fast-paced company. Success in the Strategic Alliances A&D role depends on your ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the A&D community, raise awareness of the Atmosphere and Steelcase brands and range of products and services, demonstrate clear, consistent communication and listening skills, and win new business opportunities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key A&D partners to help generate and identify new business opportunities through a demonstrated personality that is professional, positive, high-energy and emotionally intelligent.
- Support the RFP process by participating in strategic development and design solutions
- Work collaboratively with Atmosphere leaders, marketing, sales team members and extended Steelcase partners.
- Able to generate and identify new business through the design community.
- Raise awareness and excitement for the Atmosphere brand through events, presentations and materials.
- Identify and participate in networking opportunities and activities (whether in person or virtually) that include industry professional associations, event sponsorships and CEUs.
- Participate in outreach activities such as forums, student mentoring, and other community-involvement activities within the industry.
- Demonstrate a passionate understanding of current workplace issues, trends, and solutions to help educate and support the design community and clients looking for specific business results
- Assist clients with pricing, budgets and alternate recommendations.
- Demonstrates passion for design, innovation and creativity
Core Strengths / Attributes
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the overall business strategy; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Continuous Learner: Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback, stays informed of industry trends, products and applications.
- Demonstrates Courage: Appropriately challenges and debates; creates positive tension to drive success; takes risks and champions new ideas.
- Internal: Collaborate with all Atmosphere Departments to ensure smooth workflow and flawless execution.
- External: Engage with clients, vendors, network dealers, business partners, contractors and other industry professionals to maintain a positive working relationship and ensure flawless execution.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (BA or BS in Interior Design and/or Architecture, or other design-related degree)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically effective in creating visually impactful PowerPoint presentations
- Flexibility in workday to include evenings and nights for special events, on occasion
- Ability to travel outside of the office, including occasional overnight travel
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills that shows energy, builds trust, and demonstrates respect and empathy
- Commercial furniture or design firm experience
- Experience and comfortability in networking and presenting to people of all employment levels
- Experience in using personal social media as a business tool
- Basic knowledge of CET, REVIT, Sketchup, industry budgeting tools and/or Salesforce
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Send us your resumé