Are you an energetic person whose day is fueled by the people and connections you meet? Are beautiful workplace products and trend research your jam? Do you have a passion for crafting strategies and working to execute your vision? If you’re nodding along, we’d love to see your resume for the opening on our Business Development team!
Atmosphere is one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
The Sr. Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and building relationships in the assigned market that result in business opportunities. Qualify and support the close of profitable business with clients in assigned vertical markets. Develop and present innovative office interiors solutions that support our purpose of enlightening organizations to the connection between people, purpose and place. Apply Atmosphere strategic selling philosophy to the selling process and consistently seek to provide the extraordinary client experience that is a cornerstone of our reputation. Primary purpose of the role is to leverage networks and relationship building to identify and qualify new business opportunities and successfully position Atmosphere for the win.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Attain, develop and execute a planned approach to targeting and successfully winning specific new accounts. Be constantly engaged and building relationships in the local Commercial Real Estate, Architecture and Design, and General Construction sectors.
- Develop market strategies and tactics to gain recognition in the marketplace as well as win new clients.
- Direct the strategic opportunity pursuit: find, strategize, pitch, solve, win.
- Intentionally build up a network of relationships (present-term and long-term) that drive value and leads within vertical markets. Cultivate a strong partnership with Hon and other key vendors.
- Proactively present Atmosphere capabilities, products and services solutions.
- Active participant in the bid response for opportunities generated.
- Develop and execute to forecast (achieve annual opportunity and overall financial plan targets).
- Communicate completely and in a timely manner with account teams and clients regarding potential business.
- Participate in negotiation with prospective clients and vendors when appropriate.
- Research, identify, qualify & target potential clients & develop access strategy to initiate contact.
- Develop & maintain relationships at the ‘C Suite’ gaining an understanding of prospective customers’ corporate culture and successfully communicating that to appropriate Atmosphere team members in support of winning business.
- Exercise creativity and independent judgment in developing and evaluating sales and marketing strategies to sell the broad portfolio of our products and capabilities within defined market.
- Develop and lead the sales strategy with regard to: competitive environment, initial opportunity pursuit and territory development strategy.
- Represent Atmosphere at market, community, and industry events and work with our marketing, sales and leadership teams to plan and execute Atmosphere sponsored events.
- While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Core Strengths / Attributes
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the whole; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Continuous Learner: Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback, stays informed of industry trends, products and applications.
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Drives for Results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates Courage: Appropriately challenges and debates; creates positive tension to drive success; takes risks and champions new ideas.
Internal: Collaborate with all departments to ensure smooth workflow and flawless execution.
External: Engage with clients, vendors, network dealers, business partners, contractors and other industry professionals to maintain a positive working relationship and ensure flawless execution.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of general sales or business development experience
- 10+ years of industry experience calling on influencers or serving as a vendor representative
- Demonstrated ability to uncover leads and identify opportunities to grow the sales funnel
- Demonstrated successes in building relationships and strategic selling
- Consistent track record of working with sales teams and playing a key role in strategic pursuits
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and digital selling tools
Desired Job Requirements
- Office furniture industry knowledge
- Commercial Real Estate, Architecture + Design, and/or General Construction industry experience
- Business to business sales skills incorporating the use of a strategic selling process
- Design knowledge/experience
- Basic knowledge of CRM or other industry specific applications
- Negotiation skills
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Send us your resumé