Are you a dynamic individual working to develop your sales experience and looking for an organization that values not only the client but the team member experience? Do you excel at making connections with potential clients and then have the follow-through to make them forever clients? If so, then please consider applying to be part of our amazing sales team. We are currently seeking a Sales Associate to join our team in Minneapolis, MN.
We are one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
This position will be partnered with a seasoned sales professional. It will assist with defining and implementing a structured prospecting process for new business opportunities. Once an opportunity is identified, the Sales Associate and primary salesperson will meet with the client to understand their business issues, to identify key buying influences, and to understand the business results they are striving to achieve. The Sales Associate participates in “Strategic Selling Blue Print” process with internal team members to develop and implement sales strategies and tactics. Selling activities include offering insightful and thought-provoking knowledge of workspace trends and promoting product and service solutions to differentiate Atmosphere from our competitors. Presentations to clients must be clear and precise delivering on Atmosphere’s Purpose: to enlighten organizations to the connection between People + Purpose + Place. The goal is to meet sales volume and profitability objectives established for the New Business Development Sales Lead that you are paired with.
The Sales Associate responsibilities are focused on developing into a sales role at Atmosphere. Primary responsibility is to enhance the revenue generating process for Atmosphere by participating in the strategic selling process with the Lead salesperson and internal team members interfacing with the client to secure their business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect to identify new client opportunities.
- Conduct client meetings in conjunction with the Lead salesperson to understand the client’s business needs and relevant buying influences.
- Lead Atmosphere team members to develop sales strategies (Blue Print Process) in order to secure client’s project business.
- Communicate and document product and service information to the client linking to their business results they are striving to achieve.
- Collaborate with internal teams to finalize design, specification and pricing information to be presented to the client in support of request for bid or project negotiations.
- Manage customer relationship during and following project installation to assure customer satisfaction.
- Participate in prescribed Atmosphere training to develop an in-depth knowledge of commercial furniture, including workstations, architectural components, and technology (Training levels: Awareness; Knowledge; Skill Level is specified for various subjects).
- Attain “skill level competency” with presentation capabilities for the Atmosphere story.
- Become proficient with internal technology, including Hedberg and CRM.
- Develop and maintain a positive, collaborative working relationship within Atmosphere and with vendors.
- In conjunction with lead salesperson, develop annual forecast in support of Atmosphere planning process.
- Participate with salesperson and sales leader in providing periodic overview of the “Sales Funnel”.
- While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Core Strengths / Attributes
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
- Demonstrates Courage: Appropriately challenges and debates; creates positive tension to drive success; takes risks and champions new ideas.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the whole; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Drives for Results and fosters a sense of urgency.
Reporting / Working Relationships
Internal: Collaborate with all Atmosphere Departments to ensure smooth workflow and flawless execution.
External: Engage with clients, vendors, network dealers, business partners, contractors and other industry professionals to maintain a positive working relationship and ensure flawless execution.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, social networks, and Internet
Desired Job Requirements
- Some sales experience
- Office furniture industry knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Hedberg, CRM or other industry specific applications
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.