Are you a highly detailed and accurate individual with excellent organizational skills? Do you have the capacity for building positive relationships and making effective decisions that will achieve quality results? If so, then please consider applying to be part of our amazing team! Atmosphere Commercial Interiors, a subsidiary of the Omni Workspace Company, is currently seeking an Payroll Manager to join our team in Minneapolis.
Atmosphere is one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
Payroll Manager is responsible for weekly and bi-weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll for 500 employees. Maintain and refine payroll processing to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions. Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates. Provide effective internal controls to ensure integrity, accuracy, and completeness of internal and external payroll reporting in accordance with statutory requirements.
REPORTING / WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to – Corporate Controller
- Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Compile data from payroll sources
- Prepare relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports
- prepare and review payroll account reconciliations
- Review and improve payroll policies and procedures
- Oversee the maintenance of current employee data systems
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Interpret new legislation impacting payroll
- Manage and resolve issues relating to payroll production
- Work closely with HR and Finance teams
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience with WFN ADP payroll system preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Good strategic mind-set with financial planning and management background
- Robust leadership skills, strong business acumen and results driven
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Send us your resumé