Are you a creative designer that is looking for an organization that values not only the client but the team member experience? Do you have the ability to collaborate with clients and sales staff to bring about inventive and successful solutions? If so, then please consider applying to be part of our amazing design team. Atmosphere Commercial Interiors, a subsidiary of the Omni Workspace Company, is currently seeking an Interior Designer to join the team in our Tucson, AZ location.
Atmosphere is one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere, we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
The Interior Designer is responsible for providing design support and consulting on projects for our client.s This position would require translating Steelcase research and insights into meaningful and thoughtful on-brand product application solutions that solve client needs. They provide and create spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. As part of the design team, the Interior Designer may also be involved in market segments including, but not limited to: corporate, education, government, and healthcare. Project scopes may range from a small, single office layout to large, complex reconfigure projects.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist or act as lead Designer on assigned projects.
- Collaborate with sales team and clients to gather project information and develop creative and functional design solutions that meet the client’s requirements, aesthetic and budget.
- Able to design/space plan and specify creative solutions to proactively impact the sales process.
- Able to take abstract information and apply Steelcase insights/learnings in a way that yields creative/thoughtful applications.
- Using an in-depth knowledge of design trends, product, applications and code requirements, act as a trusted healthcare design advisor to sales consultants and clients.
- Foster client relationships through design knowledge, continual support and flawless execution.
- Participate in team selling approach.
- Provide continual support to clients for moves, additions, and changes to their existing workplace.
- Create computer-generated design documents including: design intent drawings, space plans, furniture typicals, furniture plans, installation documents, and rendered images to communicate and document design solutions, ensuring efficient and accurate installation results.
- Perform field measures, product inventory, and product research.
- Produce furniture block plans, space plans, finish palettes, furniture specifications, and installation drawings.
- Meet project deadlines and keep accurate records of working time for internal job costing.
- Other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Continuous Learning: Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback, stays informed of design trends, products, and applications.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Able to discuss design issues and insights in client facing situations. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally; strong customer advocate. Strong team player; achieves buy-in from key internal & external stakeholders.
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail-oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Proficient at executing all phases of the design process including: programming, schematic design, design development, and design intent drawings. Drives for results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Application Excellence: Proficient at developing creative product applications using products from primary vendors aligned with ACI. Proficient at using current design software including: AutoCAD, Configura, and Revit.
- Strategic Problem Solving: Ability to generate new ideas that add value.
- 4-year Interior Design or Interior Architecture degree or balance of Associate Degree and applicable experience
- NCIDQ or State certification preferred
- 2+ years of furniture dealership experience
- CET Designer Software experience
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Send us your resumé