Are you a highly detailed and accurate individual with excellent organizational skills? Do you have the capacity for building positive relationships and making effective decisions that will achieve quality results? If so, then please consider applying to be part of our amazing team! Atmosphere Commercial Interiors, a subsidiary of the Omni Workspace Company, is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Manager to join our team in Minneapolis.
Atmosphere is one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for directly developing and leading Accounts Payable team members for Atmosphere Commercial Interiors and Omni Services, and providing oversight for the related functions and processes across the OMNI companies. This position will take a lead role in auditing and improving processes and managing change throughout the organization that relates to these processes. Works closely with the Controller, Director of Finance and CFO.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly supervise the A/P Coordinators. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Prepare or review reports required by regulatory agencies or internal stakeholders
- Maintain procedures, processes, and controls to ensure:
- Timely and accurate invoicing of our clients within revenue recognition rules per GAAP.
- Timely and accurate posting of vendor invoices in Hedberg and Great Plains, followed by timely payment.
- Accurate job costing within Hedberg and ServiceTrax and related general ledger maintenance.
- Preparation and processing of checks for multi companies
- Update and maintain vendor databases and reconcile vendor statements
- Owns management of internal expense report program and procedures, including Certify. This involves employee set up, system maintenance, reporting, integration of company credit cards, training, process improvements.
- Participates in quality and continuous improvement activities within this individual job function, the accounting department and company.
- Lead and assist with integration of processes across OMNI companies to drive efficiencies and consistency.
- Lead efforts to enhance treasury functions including positive pay, credit card processing, lock box posting and ACH payments
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
CORE STRENGTHS / ATTRIBUTES
- Leadership skills: ability to provide direction, develop and implement processes, motivate others, and build consensus with large groups including cross-functional teams. Influences without authority, giving direction and delegating tasks. Nurtures fresh approaches and appropriate risk taking.
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Excellent analytical and strategic problem-solving skills: highly developed understanding of company’s strategic direction and ability to interpret and communicate senior management direction. Clearly defines, gathers, analyzes and focuses on the most relevant information. Synthesizes complex information.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity. Drives for results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Continuous Learner, Resilient and Adaptable: open to new experiences to develop skills and ability to work in a fast paced, continuously evolving role. Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback.
REPORTING / WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal – Works across all sections of the business.
- External – Works with vendors, bank representatives and business partners on financial, contractual, regulatory and process issues.
- Supervisory – Directly supervises Accounts Payable Coordinators
- Reports to – Corporate Controller
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 2-year degree or equivalent applicable experience
- 5+ years applicable experience
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Strong customer service focus
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Intermediate level Excel skills
- Knowledge of Hedberg and Great Plains
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Send us your resumé