Atmosphere is one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
The Accounting Analyst is responsible for creating and maintaining records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability and other financial activities for Omni Workspace Company (which includes both Atmosphere Commercial Interiors and Omni Services). Maintain general ledger as needed. Analyze financial data to prepare financial reports.
The Accounting Analyst is also responsible for adding internal costs for design and project manager fees, facilitating client activities relative to the Hospitality industry, and performing daily audits to ensure accuracy and completeness of client orders.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General ledger entry, reconciliation, and auditing.
- Review, prepare, and distribute periodic financial reporting.
- Examine accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Report out to the Accounting Leader regarding the finances of the organization.
- Review and analyze gross profit reports for clients and regions.
- Manage financial aspects of client projects in the Hospitality industry, including reviewing account codes, reconciliation of expenses from corporate credit cards,
- Review of account codes on internal orders and resolve with team members (line sales code review)
- Add costs for design, project management to client orders.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
CORE STRENGTHS / ATTRIBUTES
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the whole; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Drives for Results and fosters a sense of urgency.
REPORTING / WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to – Corporate Controller.
- Internal – Interacts with sales teams & project coordinators to resolve issues with vendor invoices, and other exception transactions as they occur.
- External – Interacts with vendor contacts to resolve issues relating to delivery of product, cash discounts, early payments, short-payments, or statements.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 2-year accounting degree
- Basic computer skills and experience with Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Word
- Excellent typing/ 10-key skills
- Strong customer service focus
- 4-year accounting degree
- Experience with Hedberg
- Intermediate level Excel skills
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Send us your resumé