Are you a highly detailed and accurate individual with excellent organizational and time management skills? Do you have the capacity for managing multiple competing demands, building positive relationships, and make effective decisions that will achieve quality results for our clients? If so, then please consider applying to be part of our amazing team. Atmosphere Commercial Interiors, a subsidiary of the Omni Workspace Company, is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Manager to join our team in Minneapolis.
Atmosphere is one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
The Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for directly developing and leading the ACI A/R team members and providing oversight for the functions and processes across the OMNI companies. This position will take a lead role in auditing and improving process and managing change throughout the organization that relates to these processes. Works closely with the Accounts Payable Manager, Vice Presidents of Finance and CFO.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly supervise the A/R team members. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Produce and analyze Accounts Receivable reports.
- Evaluate and improve procedures, process, and controls to ensure:
- Timely and accurate invoicing of our clients within revenue recognition rules per GAAP.
- Appropriate review of client credit, authorization of sales, collection of accounts receivable, application of client payments, and the overall accuracy of the accounts receivable sub ledger.
- Update and maintain customer databases and reconcile customer statements.
- Provides oversight for the Credit Management functional area including:
- Negotiation of contracts, liability, and payment terms with clients, vendors, and third parties (e.g. general contractors) to ensure contracts are in compliance with policy and in the best interest of ACI. Review and explain Terms & Conditions when appropriate.
- Review of bid requests to ensure ACI can comply with legal and reporting requirements.
- Review of an enforcement of policies to protect clients’ confidential information, particularly policies related to PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance and Atmosphere’s associated obligations.
- Directly and indirectly manage the credit, invoicing, and collection efforts for ACI’s clients, including research and resolution of escalated accounting inquiries.
- Review credit history of clients in order to assess risk and assign credit limits appropriate to that risk.
- Establish positive, professional and long-term relationships with clients and sales personnel.
- Assume primary responsibility for the establishment, review and revision of all collections and cash application policies and procedures, subject to approval by the CFO and Controller. Identify and propose modifications to those procedures to meet specific client needs.
- Manage Days Sales Outstanding.
- Minimize bad debt.
- Work with sales, sales support, and clients to identify and address client service issues to the satisfaction of both the client and ACI.
- Participate in quality/continuous improvement activities within your individual job function, the accounting department and company.
- Lead and assist with integration of processes across OMNI companies to drive efficiencies and consistency.
- Perform addition duties as assigned.
CORE STRENGTHS / ATTRIBUTES
- Leadership Skills: Ability to provide direction, develop, and implement processes, motivate others, and build consensus with large groups, including cross-pyramid teams. Influences without authority, giving direction, and delegating tasks. Nurtures fresh approaches and appropriate risk taking.
- Communicates / Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Excellent Analytical and Strategic Problem-Solving Skills: Highly developed understanding of company’s strategic direction and ability to interpret and communicate senior management direction. Clearly defines, gathers, analyzes, and focuses on the most relevant information. Synthesizes complex information.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity. Drives for results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Continuous Learner, Resilient, and Adaptable: Open to new experiences to develop skills and ability to work in a fast paced, continuously evolving role. Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback.
- Demonstrates Courage: Appropriately challenges and debates; creates positive tension to drive success; takes risks and champions new ideas or ACI’s position.
REPORTING / WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal: Works across all sections of the business, primarily Sales and Client Services.
- External: Works with clients and business partners on financial, contractual, regulatory, and process issues.
- Supervisory: Directly supervises Accounts Receivable Coordinator(s), Sr. Invoicing Tech, and Credit Manager.
- Reports to: Vice President of Finance
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 2-year degree or equivalent applicable experience
- 5+ years applicable experience
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Negotiation skills and experience
- Strong customer service focus
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Intermediate level Excel skills
- Knowledge of Hedberg
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Send us your resumé