Our Minneapolis story begins behind the fur vault on the 5th floor in the Dayton’s Building in downtown Minneapolis. We began selling furniture there, before earning our own dedicated space within the department store.
Dayton’s Contract Department become independent from Dayton’s Department Store in 1953. The focus was on planning and furnishing offices for corporate clients in the Twin Cities. In 1969, after becoming a Steelcase dealer, we moved into the LaSalle Court Building and changed our name to Dayton’s Commercial Interiors.
In 2017 we embarked on a full renovation of two floors in the historic Young Quinlan building in downtown Minneapolis. The outcome of our year-long journey is a workplace that does something different than it did in the past. Our people now come together in a space that delivers not only what they want, but what they need to be engaged with their work and each other. This truly demonstrates the power of place.
Our WORKLAB and office furniture showroom is designed to highlight the newest products, finishes, and planning methodologies. Vignettes feature modern, traditional and innovative products and accessories.