Atmosphere Commercial Interiors or ACI, a subsidiary of the Omni Workspace Company, is currently seeking an Interior Design Intern to join their team. This Interior Design internship offers a multi-faceted experience in which creative and technical skills are applied within a project-based environment. Internship responsibilities/learning targets will be based on class year, level of experience and previous internships. Atmosphere staff will provide any necessary paperwork requested for educational credits. This is a temporary, paid internship opportunity with hourly rate determined based on skills and experience. Due to temporary status, this position does not offer benefits, paid time off or paid holidays.
Atmosphere is one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, design, and project management services.
At Atmosphere we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
Provide design assistance to internal staff including but not limited to designers and sales at a commercial furniture dealership. Assist with management of resource library. Participation in vendor presentations and meetings. Job shadow design and sales team members on client visits.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain resource library including filing cut sheets and fabric cards, organization of finish drawers and shelves, inventory Steelcase finish and printed materials and order samples as required.
- Interface with manufacturer representatives to maintain literature and samples and participate in vendor presentation.
- Assist designers with projects when applicable including updating base plans in AutoCAD 2016, preparation of block plans and finish boards.
- Client and job site visits and assisting with field verification at job sites.
- Support designers, sales and hospitality team by ordering fabric & finish samples and requesting pricing from furniture and fabric reps.
- Assist Showroom Concierge as required, setting up for client tours and assisting with showroom organization and cleanliness.
- Introduction to Configura software
- Maintain detailed daily design time sheets in MXT for billing purposes if working on client work.
- Self-directed but asks questions when necessary to learn and problem solve
- Learns and advances from experiences and feedback
- Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through
- Communicates and listens effectively
- Junior or Senior Interior Design Student in a four-year CIDA accredited program
- Coursework or experience related to above job responsibilities
- Desire to learn and capacity to work hard to do so
- Ability to take direction, deal with ambiguity, and be a team player
INTERNSHIP LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT
This internship is currently designed to be a temporary summer semester internship with up to 40 hours available each week depending on the intern’s schedule of availability. The internship is an “at will” employment and may be terminated at any time by either party.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Send us your resumé