Are you a dynamic individual with the ability to lead a project/team in superior execution of client expectations? Do you have the capacity for managing multiple competing demands, building positive relationships and providing impeccable follow through? If so, then please consider applying to be part of our amazing team. We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our team in Wisconsin.
We are one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere/A&M we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
Manage the scope, schedule and budget for large, strategic or complex client projects. Successfully lead and manage direct reports and project teams including managing budgets and resources. Negotiate with and act as main point of contact with third party labor and product providers. Drive revenue by pursuing opportunities to sell services with existing clients. Communicate project status, issues, and other relevant information to internal and external stakeholders including Regional Leadership and Senior Management.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work to ensure that all projects result in a win for the client, a win for ACI, and a win for ACI Team Members.
- Identify hiring needs with the Project Management Team. Hire, manage, coach, and develop team members. Act as a mentor and assist in training other team members.
- Create measurements, goals and objectives for the Project Management Team. Monitor progress and results utilizing risk reporting tools. Present project team progress to ACI Sr. Management Team.
- Deliver a superior client experience. Manage and measure project success to meet client expectations. Address concerns directly with client.
- Manage the scope, schedule and budget for large or complex client projects. Act as main point of contact with project team, client, and contractors.
- Ensure Project Managers and other leaders on project teams are trained and execute ACI operational standards.
- Manage resource allocation in partnership with other department managers.
- Request, negotiate, and manage pricing from third party service and product providers. This includes understanding state labor laws and regulations.
- Develop and manage project schedule and timeline. Establish and coordinate delivery phasing of product with service providers. Coordinate and lead project team meetings, and ensure accurate information is communicated to all internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Manage project team on site and assist in problem resolution. Monitor and control projects through administrative direction to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Schedule and lead punch list walkthrough with client and contractors. Ensure action plans are documented appropriately and communicated to project team and client. Confirm punch list is managed to its completion, including sign off by client.
- Coordinate and manage inventories of client owned product.
- Assist design team with field measurements and checking specifications against plans. Provide value engineering solutions and communicate required changes to project team.
- Estimate, track and manage project management time. Communicate actual vs estimate status with sales team.
- Maximize revenue for billing project management to clients. Partner with sales team to identify additional services and products that can be introduced to the client.
- Participate and lead efforts to help secure additional business by assisting with RFP responses, presenting to clients, and attending client and/or networking events.
- Improve processes and procedures within ACI to be more efficient, cost effective, and provide increased client service levels.
CORE STRENGTHS / ATTRIBUTES
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Drives for Results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Resilient and Adaptable: Open to new experiences to develop skills and ability to work in a fast paced, continuously evolving role.
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the whole; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Internal: Works with all ACI departments to ensure smooth workflow and flawless execution. Provides project status and communications to Sr. Leadership Team.
- External: Works with clients, vendors, network dealers, business partners, contractors and other industry professionals to maintain a positive working relationship and ensure flawless execution.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years project management experience
- 2 + years in commercial interiors industry
- 4 year Degree
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Experience with project management applications and methodologies
- Ability to manage and lead a project team; establish roles and responsibilities, and hold project team members accountable.
- Ability to handle personnel issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to provide direction and leadership in order to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with clients, team members, and partners
- Ability to think critically and understand implication of decisions
- Ability to lead through change and uncertainty
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines while leading a project team
- Earns confidence of external and internal partners as well as senior management; creates an environment of trust; and demonstrates integrity
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and presentations skills
- Speaks and writes clearly and concisely and has the ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, and ability to coach others with conflict resolution
- Understand and manage financial drivers
- Commitment to exceptional client service and delivering an ACI Branded experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy and high level of organization and time management skills
- Ability to travel outside of the office, may include occasional overnight travel
DESIRED JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with commercial furniture systems and/or flooring products, application, and installation
- Experience with Hedberg, ServiceTRAX and Callidus or other floor covering estimating tool (when applicable)
- Understand and interpret design and construction plans
- Proficient with coordinating electrical, cabling and other trades with minimal assistance
- Project Management Certification
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Send us your resumé