Are you a highly detailed and accurate individual with excellent organizational and time management skills? Can you develop relationships and work closely with a variety of people to resolve problems and make effective decisions that will achieve quality results for our clients? Would you like to be part of a team that values accountability, engagement, inclusiveness and continuous improvement? If so, then please consider applying to be part of our amazing team. Atmosphere Commercial Interiors, a subsidiary of the Omni Workspace Company, is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Coordinator to join the team in our Minneapolis location.
Atmosphere is one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator provides crucial administrative and problem-resolution support to our Client, Vendors, Operations, Sales, Client Services and Design teams. Provide solutions to vendor related issues including: Addressing inconsistencies on product related issues, short shipments, warranty and freight claims that occur on orders. Provide continuous communication throughout the resolution process with all involved parties to ensure the overall memorable client experience. The Quality Assurance Coordinator role directly impacts the overall success of our business through efficient and timely resolution of project issues.
This role will document and track all open punch related issues and will communicate the status to the appropriate teams. They will work with our vendor partners to follow their proper procedures on filing warranty related items on new projects, such as LASERs on Steelcase punch items. This role will act as a primary contact for our warehouse and operations teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Pre-Installation Meetings: Ensure all information is listed in the Hedberg Project Folder 2 weeks prior to an installation. Coordinate the Pre-Install meetings with all necessary parties. Review the critical components for a successful project and track the team’s progress. Report to Senior Leadership status of Pre-Install Meetings.
- Partner with ACI Team Members and Operations to document, research and resolve delivery and installation punch list issues. Enter orders for parts and product required. Track, research, document and communicate the status of punch order items to the project team for all new product installations ensuring we meet objectives to reduce the number of days outstanding on punch related items.
- Work with vendors to identify manufacturer errors, product failures, shortages and damages and submit all claims for new product installations.
- Resolves vendor related issues, including deliveries, short shipments, damaged or wrong product. Follow up to ensure resolution on a timely basis. Provide reports on vendor performance to Executive Team.
- Evaluate the order and project delivery timeline to assess their impact to the overall project completion requirements. i.e. Partial deliveries versus complete project delivery. Communicate any critical roadblocks that could result in not meeting the appropriate deadlines.
- Work closely with all departments to provide comprehensive and cost-effective solutions for resolution.
- Organize, document and monitor Hedberg OIM issue resolution. Review progress with the project team and provide monthly reports to the Executive Team.
- Enter quote and service requests for labor using third party vendor business system (ServiceTRAX) to deliver and install punch related product to ensure successful completion of project closeout.
- Process freight claims and warranty claims: Determine and take action to re-order or verify with Operations if piece can be repaired, follow up with vendors and carriers on status of claims until completion. Responsible for documenting and reducing cost implication to the organization. Report out to the Executive Team.
- Manage returned goods/product: Notify Operations on disposition or placement of returned product.
- Lead the vendor recall process with the OS position, ensuring all regions are meeting standard recall requirements.
- Through Continuous Improvement Initiatives, continuously strive to improve overall process and performance.
- Attend any applicable training seminars or departmental meetings.
- Back up the OS position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Strengths / Attributes
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail orientated and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Drives for results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Problem Solver: Strong problem-solving skills and ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Communicates / Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Excellent Analytical and Strategic Problem-Solving Skills: Highly developed understanding of company’s strategic direction and ability to interpret and communicate senior management direction. Clearly defines, gathers, analyzes and focuses on most relevant information. Synthesizes complex information.
- Internal: Work with all Atmosphere Client Services, Operations, Sales, Design and Management to ensure smooth work flow and flawless execution.
- External: Work with clients, vendors, freight companies, network dealers and other industry professionals to maintain a positive working relationship and ensure flawless execution.
- 4 year college degree
- 3+ years project related / operations experience
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging and constantly changing environment
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines while performing daily duties and addressing urgent issues
- High level of detail and accuracy
- Computer knowledge with Hedberg and ServiceTRAX
- 1 to 3 years previous customer service experience
- Industry experience
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expect to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Send us your resumé