Are you a dynamic individual with the ability to lead a project/team in superior execution of client expectations? Do you have the capacity for managing multiple competing demands, building positive relationships and providing impeccable follow through? If so, then please consider applying to be part of our amazing team. Atmosphere Commercial Interiors, a subsidiary of the Omni Workspace Company, is currently seeking a Project Manager to join the team in our De Pere, WI location.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors is one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere, we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
Manage the scope, schedule and budget for client projects. Act as main point of contact for internal project team, client team, and third party product and service partners. Request, analyze and negotiate third party labor bids in markets across the nation. Provide direction and guidance to other labor trades (cabling, electrical, etc). Successfully lead and manage projects to continuously deliver upon agreed expectations which include managing costs and resources and minimizing errors. Increase revenue by identifying opportunities to sell services with clients. Communicate project status, issues and other relevant information with internal and external stakeholders, including Senior Management.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Work to ensure that all projects result in a win for the client, a win for Atmosphere and a win for Atmosphere Team Members.
- Manage the scope, schedule and budget for small and large, or complex client projects. Act as main point of contact with project team, client and contractors.
- Request, negotiate and manage pricing from third party service and product providers. Manage budget to actual costs for each project.
- Schedule and facilitate pre-installation project meetings with project team, contractors and other labor trades. Communicate project requirements, timing and work plans with client, general contractor or other responsible party designated by the client.
- Develop and manage project schedule and timeline. Establish and coordinate delivery phasing of product with service providers. Coordinate and lead project team meetings, and ensure accurate information is communicated to all internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Monitor project progress, issues and results utilizing risk reporting tools. Present project status to management.
- Manage project team on site through project completion. Demonstrate problem solving during install; research and resolve product issues while keeping appropriate individuals informed of progress.
- Schedule and lead punch list walk-through with client and contractors. Ensure action plans are documented appropriately and communicated to project team and client. Confirm punch list is managed to its completion, including sign off by client.
- Coordinate and manage inventories of client owned product.
- Assist design team with field measurements and checking specifications against plans. Provide value engineering solutions and communicate required changes to project team.
- Estimate, track and manage project management time. Communicate actual vs estimate status with sales team.
- Maximize revenue for billing project management to clients. Participate and lead efforts to help secure additional business by assisting with RFP responses. Partner with sales team to identify additional services and products that can be introduced to the client.
- Ensure processes and procedures are executed to follow Atmosphere operational standards, and to be efficient, cost effective and provide increased client service levels.
- Act as a mentor and assist in training other team members.
Reporting / Working Relationships
INTERNAL: Work with all Atmosphere departments to ensure smooth workflow and flawless execution.
EXTERNAL: Work with clients, vendors, network dealers, business partners, contractors and other industry professionals to maintain a positive working relationship and ensure flawless execution.
REPORTS TO: Senior Project Manager or Operations Leader (TBD)
Core Strengths / Attributes
Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow-through. Drives for Results and fosters a sense of urgency.
Resilient and Adaptable: Open to new experiences to develop skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, continuously evolving role.
Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the whole; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- 2+ years experience in construction or commercial interiors industry
- Experience with project management applications and methodologies
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Understand and manage financial drivers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel outside of the office, may include occasional overnight or out of state travel
- 4 year degree
- Prior client service experience
- Experience with commercial furniture systems and/or flooring products, application, and installation
- Understand and interpret design and construction plans
- Experience with working with other trades on a project such as electrical and cabling
- Experience with industry software – Hedberg, ServiceTRAX
- Project Management Certification
Employees are responsible as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Send us your resumé