Readers are warned that business leaders face a new wave of workers who want to be actively engaged and contributing forces in the marketplace. This demand for engagement is attributed to five trends:
- Technology, the Internet and a leveling of the playing field by MySpace, Wikipedia.com and blogs;
- A backlash against the greed of Enron;
- The success of political democracy throughout the world;
- The arrival of Generations X and Y who expect to have a voice at work; and
- The search for meaning at work as MegaTrends 2010 calls the “search for meaning” the number one megatrend of our time. This article declares that this democratic age will result in a democratic approach to business.
Source: Traci Fenton, The Christian Science Monitor (Boston); Aug 23, 2006