Are you a dynamic individual with the ability to lead a project/team in superior execution of client expectations? Do you have the capacity for managing multiple competing demands, building positive relationships and providing impeccable follow through? If so, then please consider applying to be part of our amazing team. Atmosphere Commercial Interiors (formerly Target Commercial Interiors), a subsidiary of the Omni Workspace Company, is currently seeking an Associate Project Manager to join the team in our Minneapolis, MN location.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors is one of the largest commercial furnishing providers in the country, creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
With limited direction, manage the scope, schedule, and budget for client projects to ensure customer satisfaction and increase gross profit. Responsible for project communication and project planning with the Sales Rep or Account Manager, and directly with the client, design, operations and external partners. Provide direction and guidance to other labor trades (cabling, electrical, etc.). Successfully lead and manage projects to continuously deliver upon agreed expectations which include managing costs and resources and minimizing errors. Increase revenue by identifying opportunities to sell services to clients. Assist Sales with account management. Communicate project status, issues, and other relevant information with internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the scope, schedule and budget for projects and bid proposals. Act as main point of contact with project team, client, and contractors.
- Develop and manage project schedule and timeline. Establish and coordinate delivery phasing of product with service providers. Coordinate and lead project team meetings, and ensure accurate information is communicated to all internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Specify product utilizing existing specification tools, processes, and inventory of clients’ owned product. Identify and specify new standard product to fulfill the project requirements. Check specifications against floor plans for accuracy.
- Accurately create bill of materials, quotes and orders for clients for needed product. Gather lead times from vendors and collaborate with project team so that they can communicate expectations with the client.
- Request, negotiate, and manage pricing from third party service and product providers. Manage budget to actual costs for each project.
- Monitor project progress utilizing risk reporting tools. Consistently communicate ongoing order status, progress and issues with team and client. Prepare and update status reports based on client request or requirements.
- Create installation package, schedule and facilitate pre-install meetings with project team, contractors and other labor trades. Review project requirements, communicate work plan with install lead to ensure they are prepared to manage the project.
- Will be required to perform Client Coordinator job functions which may include: entering new client quotes, updating existing client quotes, monitoring orders and shipments to ensure timely deliveries, and researching and resolve punch list issues as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Depending on account assignment, may also perform the following:
- Manage project team on site through project completion. Demonstrate problem solving during install; research and resolve product issues while keeping appropriate individuals informed of progress.
- Schedule and lead punch list walk-through with client and contractors. Ensure action plans are documented appropriately and communicated to project team and client. Confirm punch list is managed to its completion, including sign-off by client.
Core Strengths / Attributes
- Manages Execution: Must be highly detailed, accurate, and possess strong organizational skills. Ability to manage resources and time to get work done quickly.
- Resilient and Adaptable: Open to new experiences to develop skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced, continuously evolving role.
- Communicates Effectively: Strong communication skills keeping key partners and clients up to date. Ability to partner with both our vendors and clients in order to achieve results.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem-solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the whole; generates new ideas that add value.
- 2+ years experience in construction or commercial interiors industry
- Experience with project management applications and methodologies
- Strong negotiation skills
- Skilled at developing and maintaining a positive working relationship with clients, team members, and partners
- Commitment to exceptional client service and delivering a branded experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel outside of the office, may include occasional overnight travel
- Computer knowledge with Hedberg and ServiceTRAX or prior client service experience
- Ability to articulate Atmosphere Commercial Interiors product and service offerings
- 3+ years of industry experience
- 4-year degree
- Project Management Certification
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Atmosphere Commercial Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Atmosphere Commercial Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Send us your resumé